April 30, 2005

SpoofStick



I saw this on television this morning and I thought it was something that everyone should use as a part of their internet defense strategy.

SpoofStick is a free utility from CoreStreet that sits in your browser toolbar and shows you the web site you are really on, as opposed to the name in the address bar that may have been spoofed. If you don't think you can use this yourself I'll bet you know someone, like your mom or dad, who could. Phishing and Pharming are becoming more and more prevalent and we need to do everything we can to keep the baddies at bay.

2 comments:

Chuck Tanowitz said...

I'm curious, where did you see it on TV?

Lianne said...

I think it was a free file of the day on Call For Help but it could also have been during a commercial break. I was watching the show with "one eye" and I only remember seeing the last part but it was during the show anyway, either on it, or as part of a bumper.