April 01, 2005

Symbols.



Symbols. You have no idea how many there are, and I'll bet you anything you don't know what most of them mean. I ran across a symbol my editor made on an article I wrote recently and when I asked what it meant he told me to look it up - reminded me of my grade one teacher who said the same thing when I asked him how to spell a word, and I didn't like hearing it back then either. I had no idea how to find this particular symbol, it's not like Google recognizes squiggles. However, it wasn't long before I found this site. The links beside the numbers link you to different instances where the symbol has been used or what it has meant. Fascinating stuff too. To search for a particular symbol click on their graphics library home page and fill in the few criteria and then start your search. Enjoy. Oh, the symbol I was looking for? Turns out it means to be deleted...Nice.

No comments: