I knew I had heard of a great site for everything you needed to know about Instant Messaging (IM) acronyms. SMSglossary.com is a site run by CyberWalker Media and Andy Walker co-host of a technology show I watch called Call For Help. Anyway, I was reminded of this site watching a rerun of CFH and I thought it would be the perfect site for anyone trying to figure out what all the short form typing was about.
Now while SMS, or Short Messaging Service, is a technology for messaging over cellular phones, the acronyms are the same as are used in IM so if you know one you will know the other.
I know what your thinking, this is just for kids, but as I said before, learn the lingo or you may find yourself the topic of conversation without knowing. And besides, anything that saves typing quick messages can't be all bad.
September 23, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment